Whether you are styling your bathroom or arranging your children’s toys, The Laundry Jute Basket combines purpose with natural style.
This tall woven basket is hand made – from start to finish – by fair trade artisans in remote, rural communities of Bangladesh. Two strong plaited handles are surprisingly sturdy, thanks to the strength of this much-loved jute fibre.
Brimming with natural warmth, character and our trademark textural touch, The Dharma Door's woven baskets are the perfect way to settle both storage and style.
- 40cm diameter x 52cm high / 15.8in diameter x 20.5in high, not including handles
The handles on this basket are flexible and can sit upright as per the image or be folded down
- Jute plaits & hand weaving
Hand stitched with jute thread
- - We always ship our baskets folded flat so they will need a little assistance to find their shape and to stand up properly. Jute is very pliable so where there are creases, fold them back onto themselves. You might need to do this a few times to the point where the creases almost disappear. We then recommend stuffing your baskets with a blanket or towels for a couple of days so they can find their shape.
- This robust basket has been designed to last. Jute changes colour in the sun, so be sure to keep it clear of harsh rays.
- If you're putting a potted plant in this basket, remember to place a plastic tray underneath the plant pot to collect water.
- To clean, we suggest you vacuum your basket or occasionally take it outside on a dry day and shake it to dislodge dirt and dust particles.
- Blot water-based spills with kitchen paper or an absorbent cloth as soon as possible. Do not rub stains or spills from your basket as this may spread the stain and loosen the jute fibres. For oil-based or coloured spills, please consult a specialist cleaning professional.
- You may choose a protection treatment prior to using your basket. We recommend MicroSeal who offer a DIY protection and cleaning kit suitable for jute fibres.