The natural tones and textures of our Short Round Natural Jute Basket make it easy layer into your home decor.
One of our most practical sizes, style this basket under a console or bench in your entryway as a catch-all for those everyday bits and pieces. Or use it for storing books & magazines, toys, towels, kindling…the options are endless.
Each basket is crafted by hand-stitching row-upon-row of blonde jute braids. The women who make our baskets in rural Bangladesh receive training, support and fair prices for their skills - true Fair Trade in action.
- 38cm round x 25cm tall / 15in round x 9.8in tall
Size may vary slightly due to its handmade nature
- Jute plaits & hand weaving
Hand stitched with jute thread
- - We always ship our baskets folded flat so they will need a little assistance to find their shape and to stand up properly. Jute is very pliable so where there are creases, fold them back onto themselves. You might need to do this a few times to the point where the creases almost disappear. We then recommend stuffing your baskets with a blanket or towels for a couple of days so they can find their shape.
- This robust basket has been designed to last however jute changes colour in the sun, so be sure to keep it clear of harsh rays.
- If you're putting a potted plant in this basket, remember to place a plastic tray underneath the plant pot to collect water.
- To clean, we suggest you vacuum your basket or occasionally take it outside on a dry day and shake it to dislodge dirt and dust particles.
- Blot water-based spills with kitchen paper or an absorbent cloth as soon as possible. Do not rub stains or spills from your basket as this may spread the stain and loosen the jute fibres. For oil-based or coloured spills, please consult a specialist cleaning professional.
- You may choose a protection treatment prior to using your basket. We recommend MicroSeal who offer a DIY protection and cleaning kit suitable for jute fibres.