Handcrafted with a classic woven basketweave design in natural jute, the Jamina Basket will sit well within many different interior styles.
Whether you are looking for a practical and stylish vessel to hold your worn clothes, seeking something beautiful to house your favourite potted plant or storing your children's toys, this basket is sure to add functional texture to your home.
The exterior is handcrafted natural jute macrame and the lining is a soft hand-loomed natural cotton, making the Jamina Basket suitable for the softest clothing. Interior rubber lining ensures this basket remains upright while strong woven handles are both sturdy and statement-making.
This basket has been crafted with care and natural jute, by talented women artisans in a village community in Bangladesh. The final basket is sewn in a small Fair Trade production centre. We supply this basket unfolded so it will retain it's round shape during transit.
If you like this basket you might also be interested in our Laina Natural Jute Basket or the Seafarer Natural Laundry Basket.
- 42cm diameter x 52cm high + 2 x 35cm handles / 17in diameter x 21in high
- Natural, hand twisted jute is woven by hand to create the basket shape.
Interior recycled rubber lining for stiffness and hand woven natural cotton lining.
Hand crafted rope-like jute macrame handles.
The different components of this basket are sewn together in a fair trade sewing centre
- - This robust basket has been designed to last. Jute changes colour in the sun, so be sure to keep it clear of harsh rays.
- If you're putting a potted plant in this basket, remember to place a plastic tray underneath the plant pot to collect water.
- To clean, we suggest you vacuum your basket or occasionally take it outside on a dry day and shake it to dislodge dirt and dust particles.
- Blot water-based spills with kitchen paper or an absorbent cloth as soon as possible. Do not rub stains or spills from your basket as this may spread the stain and loosen the jute fibres. For oil-based or coloured spills, please consult a specialist cleaning professional.
- You may choose a protection treatment prior to using your basket. We recommend MicroSeal who offer a DIY protection and cleaning kit suitable for jute fibres.