The Large Woven Pot is a natural way to feature your favourite belongings or to style your favourite plant at home.
Each basket is handmade – from start to finish – by fair trade artisans in remote, rural communities of Bangladesh. By adapting their people’s traditional rope-making techniques, the women twist, weave and knot strands of locally grown jute into place.
As pleasing as they are practical, The Dharma Door’s woven pots are strong enough for your favourite plant, soft enough to add a beautiful textural touch.
- 30cm round x 30cm tall / 11.8in round x 11.8in tall
- Twisted, woven & knotted jute
- - We always ship our baskets folded flat so they will need a little assistance to find their shape and to stand up properly. Jute is very pliable so where there are creases, fold them back onto themselves. You might need to do this a few times to the point where the creases almost disappear. We then recommend stuffing your basket with towels for a couple of days so they can find their shape.
- This robust basket has been designed to last however jute changes colour in the sun, so be sure to keep it clear of harsh rays.
- If you're putting a potted plant in this basket, remember to place a plastic tray underneath the plant pot to collect water.
- To clean, we suggest you vacuum your basket or occasionally take it outside on a dry day and shake or beat it to dislodge dirt particles.
- Blot water-based spills with kitchen paper or an absorbent cloth as soon as possible. Do not rub stains or spills from your basket as this may spread the stain and loosen the jute fibres. For oil-based or coloured spills, please consult a specialist cleaning professional.
- You may choose a protection treatment prior to using your basket. We recommend MicroSeal who offer a DIY protection and cleaning kit suitable for jute fibres.