Please note: Not for sale internationally due to freight restrictions on the size.
The Zila Large Basket will add beautiful woven texture and character to your walls.
If you prefer a neutral palette and lots of white, this stunning handcrafted basket will introduce a touch of raw luxury when hung on the wall, helping to layer textures and tones in a room. When combined with natural linens, warm timbers and other woven items, it contributes to a feeling of effortless style and a relaxed upscale resort vibe. Pair the small and large Zila baskets together for an eye-catching statement.
Each basket is completely unique and handwoven using the locally-available Ilala palm by a group of women artisans in Zimbabwe. To source these pieces, we have partnered with an ethical craft organisation that is supporting these craftswomen through training, development and finding international markets for their skills. However you choose to use the Zila Basket, it has been crafted to a high standard for you to enjoy in your home for many years to come.
- - Approx 96-100cm diameter / 39.5in wide. Depth of approx 16-20cm
- Please note that minor variations in the dimensions are inevitable due to the handmade nature and natural fibres of this tray.
- - Handwoven Ilala palm (unvarnished)
- Each basket features a unique woven pattern an no two are the same.
- To source these pieces, we have partnered with an ethical craft organisation that is supporting these craftswoman through training, development and finding international markets for their skills. They operate within and across many rural communities throughout Zimbabwe, and draw from a vast artisan resource built over two decades of working within these communities. The products are all handmade, and while the organisation maintains a high standard of production and quality control within the weaving groups, they equally celebrate the individual artisans and their craft.
- - When you receive your basket, it may be slightly misshapen around the sides from it's time in transit. Please take some time to gently "massage" the sides and they will regain their shape when they've settled.
- Ilala palm is a natural fibre. As with all natural fibres, variations in colour and thickness may be apparent - we consider this to be part of the charm of handcrafted pieces and not a flaw.
- To clean, we suggest you vacuum or dust your tray light regularly.
- - This basket weighs approximately 1.5kgs so be sure to use a suitable hook, screw or nail for this weight if you are hanging the tray on the wall.
- Please note that there isn't a loop on the back of this piece so it may require some creativity and the ability to thread a piece of wire through the wall hanging and loop it on the back. Depending on your desire to hang your piece either convex or concave you may need to adjust your hanging techniques accordingly.