Join our Team
7th June 2021
- Part-time permanent position / 20 hours per week
- A passion for excellent customer service and beautiful homewares
- Ethical brand, small team and great working environment
Based in the beautiful Byron Bay region, The Dharma Door is seeking a Customer Care Specialist to join our small team. This newly created role will play a key part within the day to day operations of our business and the successful applicant will be a true customer service professional with a passion for beautiful homewares and interiors.
Our ideal candidate:
- A positive, solution-focused person who is dedicated to providing prompt and tailored responses to our valued customers.
- Enjoys working in an environment where no two days are the same and has the ability to be flexible and adaptable.
- A keen interest in home decor and interior design - and an affinity with The Dharma Door aesthetic - so you can help to guide our customers in their product selections and assist with product and styling questions.
- A natural born communicator with excellent interpersonal skills who is happy to work with our preferred brand style of friendly and informal, yet professional.
- Equally comfortable working in a relaxed small team environment, independently and occasionally alone.
- An understanding and genuine appreciation for our Fair Trade and artisan-focused ethics.
- Tech and social media savvy.
- A desire to grow with our company.
Key responsibilities will include, but may not be limited to:
- Respond to Ecommerce customer emails and website, phone & social media messages about products, orders, deliveries, product reviews and our rewards program.
- Respond to Trade and Wholesale clients about new account applications, product queries, orders and deliveries.
- Liaise with our warehouse regarding orders.
- Follow up on deliveries with courier companies.
- Update inventory weekly across our two Shopify websites and any external platforms that we’re selling on.
- Assist with managing queries and bookings for our new photographic studio for hire.
- Potential to schedule Pinterest pins via Tailwind, with a view to expand this to organic social media scheduling as you become familiar with our brand voice and aesthetic.
Skills required for the role:
- The tasks for this position will be performed across various platforms including: Shopify and various apps, Squarespace, our order processing and warehouse inventory systems, Google Drive, XERO, Instagram, Facebook, in addition to email and phone. While you may not be familiar with all of these platforms, we require someone who is confident with technology and a fast learner.
- Experience and a passion for social media for business would be a bonus as there is scope to expand this role into organic social media management - Instagram, Facebook and Pinterest via Tailwind.
Why join us?
We're a small, family-run business who greatly values the people who contribute to our success. Established since 2004, The Dharma Door was born out of a passion to help disadvantaged women artisans out of the cycle of poverty through great design and genuine Fair Trade. Our beautiful collection of handcrafted, natural homewares - including baskets, rugs, lighting and wall hangings - is appreciated the world over and we have experienced significant growth in the past 18 months. We are proud to be industry leaders in ethical and sustainable products and business practices and are seeking a team member who shares these values as we continue to grow.
Hours: 20 hours per week (4 hours x 5 days/Mon-Fri)
Location: Our newly renovated office on a peaceful rural property in Clunes, northern NSW. 30 minutes from Byron Bay, less than 15 minutes from Bangalow and 25 minutes from Lismore.
To apply, please send your resume and a cover letter outlining your suitability for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org with 'Customer Care Specialist' in the subject line. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Applications close: COB Wednesday 30th June 2021