SUNDARA TRAY | CARE INSTRUCTIONS
SUNDARA TRAY | CARE & HANGING INSTRUCTIONS
The Sundara Tray by The Dharma Door will add beautiful woven texture and character to your interior. Lean it against the wall on an entryway console, hang it on a wall for an eye-catching statement or style it as a centrepiece on a large table. If you prefer a neutral palette and lots of white, this stunning handcrafted tray will introduce a touch of raw luxury to your home, helping to layer textures and tones. When combined with natural linens, warm timbers and other woven items, it contributes to a feeling of effortless style and a relaxed upscale resort vibe. However you choose to display it, the Sundara will add warmth and personality to your decor.
Each tray is handwoven with Ilala palm by a group of women artisans in Zimbabwe and crafted to a high standard for you to enjoy in your home for many years to come.
HOW TO CARE FOR YOUR SUNDARA TRAY WALL HANGING
You’ve invested in a quality piece and we want to help you to care for it well. With a little attention, you will be able to enjoy your Sundara Tray for many years to come. Here are a few simple tips to keep in mind:
- When you receive your tray, it may be slightly misshapen around the sides from it's time in transit. Please take some time to gently "massage" the sides and they will regain their shape when they've settled. You may need to do this several times.
- Strong direct sunlight may affect the colour of the palm fibres and prolonged damp may encourage mould growth, therefore we do not recommend this wall hanging for outdoor use where it will be exposed to the elements for long periods.
- To clean, we suggest you vacuum or dust your tray regularly.
HOW TO HANG YOUR SUNDARA TRAY WALL HANGING
To hang, follow these steps:
- The Sundara Tray does not come with a hanging loop, so it may require some creativity and the ability to thread pieces of wire through the tray and loop it on the back. If you choose this option you will also need wall or picture hooks and follow the hanging steps below.
- A simpler hanging solution is to hammer a few nails straight through the wall hanging. If you choose this option, be sure to nail into wall studs if you have plasterboard walls as the nails won’t hold otherwise. You could choose brass or copper nails (and sand the heads so they’re not shiny) for this option so they are barely seen.
- Instead of nails, you could use small screws. If you choose this option, follow the hanging steps below where you will need to install wall anchors/plugs if you have plasterboard walls.
- This tray weighs approximately 3kgs so be sure to use a suitable hook, screw or nail for this weight if you are hanging the tray on the wall. If you are renting or unsure about the location of your wall hanging, use self-adhesive Command Hooks™️ that suit the weight of the Sundara Tray.
- Measure where you want the wall hanging to hang and mark on the wall with a pencil according to the position of the nails, screws or hooks.
- a) If drilling into a plasterboard/drywall, brick, stucco or stone wall, use a drill bit that is the same size as the anchors/wall plugs. Drill your holes and hammer the anchors/wall plugs into the holes. b) If drilling into timber, use a drill bit that is the same size as the screws or cup hooks.
- Screw your chosen hook into the anchors/wall plugs or holes.
- Hang your wall hanging and enjoy the transformation to your space!
We offer a 10% discount code for all published product reviews. Remember to leave a review on the product page sharing what you love about your Sundara Tray.
Be sure to tag us on instagram @thedharmadoor to share your style!