This item cannot be shipped internationally.
Stylish and soft, the 2 x 3 metre Amada Jute rug is a natural floor covering in a simple design that will sit beautifully in a living room or under a dining table. This contemporary woven rug is designed to add warmth and natural texture to any home – an investment piece laden with meaningful making!
Designed to last the test of time, the Amada jute rug has been handmade by fair trade artisans in a rural village community of Bangladesh. The women first plait long strands of jute, and then assemble the Amada pattern row by row, before stitching the pieces together using needle and thread.
A genuine Fair Trade partnership ensures the women who make these mats are paid fairly, provided with consistent work and safe working conditions, among a host of other benefits that are in keeping with the Ten Principles of Fair Trade.
For tips on how to clean and maintain our jute rugs, read our journal post 'How To Clean and Maintain Jute Rugs'.
And for inspiration on how to use jute mats and runners, take a look at 'Entryway Style Tips to Create a Warm Welcome'
- 300 x 200cm / 7.87 ft x 5.6 ft approx.
- - Plaited jute fibres
- Each piece is crafted by hand stitching rows of plaited jute, using wooden frames as guides to maintain the correct shape and size
- The shapes are hand stitched together with jute thread and a border is added to the rug
- - Our rugs are crafted entirely by hand with natural jute and special care is required to maintain their beautiful appearance.
- We suggest regular vacuuming of both sides of your rug to keep it fresh and free of dirt build-up. Occasionally take your rug outside on a dry day and shake or beat it to dislodge deeper dirt particles that your vacuum may not extract.
- Avoid prolonged direct sunlight or heat as this will discolour the jute fibres.
- Blot water-based spills with kitchen paper or an absorbent cloth as soon as possible. Do not rub stains or spills from your rug as this may spread the stain and loosen the jute fibres. For oil-based or coloured spills, please consult a specialist rug cleaning professional.
- You may choose a rug protection treatment prior to installing the rug in your space to prolong the life of your rug and minimise discolouration. We recommend MicroSeal, who are experienced in treating jute rugs and offer a DIY kit or a professional treatment service.