Brimming with our trademark texture, the Boda Basket combines purpose with natural style. Whether you are styling your bathroom, home office, seeking a vessel for your favourite potted plant or storing your children's toys, this basket is sure to add a lovely earthy character to your home.
The beautiful rustic exterior fabric is a combination of naturally-dyed brown jute and natural jute. Lined with a soft hand-loomed natural cotton, the Boda Basket is suitable for the softest clothing and special treasures. The strong handcrafted macrame handles are both sturdy and statement-making.
Featuring a unique texture, this basket has been crafted with care, using a combination of some very special techniques - natural dyeing, hand rolling jute (instead of spinning), hand weaving on backstrap looms, handwoven cotton lining, handcrafted macrame, and the final basket is sewn by women in a small production centre. A true work of art, the Boda Basket is hand made – from start to finish – by fair trade artisans in three different communities in Bangladesh.
- 40cm round x 50cm tall / 15.8in round x 19.7in tall
- Natural dyeing
Hand-rolled (instead of spinning) jute & hand woven jute on a backstrap loom
Hand woven natural cotton lining
Hand crafted jute macrame handles
The final basket is machine sewn in a fair trade production centre
- - We always ship our baskets folded flat so they will need a little assistance to find their shape and to stand up properly. Jute is very pliable so where there are creases, fold them back onto themselves. You might need to do this a few times to the point where the creases almost disappear. We then recommend stuffing your baskets with a blanket or towels for a couple of days so they can find their shape.
- This robust basket has been designed to last. Jute changes colour in the sun, so be sure to keep it clear of harsh rays.
- If you're putting a potted plant in this basket, remember to place a plastic tray underneath the plant pot to collect water.
- To clean, we suggest you vacuum your basket or occasionally take it outside on a dry day and shake it to dislodge dirt and dust particles.
- Blot water-based spills with kitchen paper or an absorbent cloth as soon as possible. Do not rub stains or spills from your basket as this may spread the stain and loosen the jute fibres. For oil-based or coloured spills, please consult a specialist cleaning professional.
- You may choose a protection treatment prior to using your basket. We recommend MicroSeal who offer a DIY protection and cleaning kit suitable for jute fibres.