The Kariba Cone Pendant Light in the woven slatted design is designed to make a bold statement in your home. Crafted from natural Ilala palm, this large pendant will add beautiful texture and character to your decor, while casting a downward light at the bottom and dappled glow through the slatted sides.
Our eye-catching cone shaped pendant light will work well as a hero piece above a table in your dining room, in multiples over a kitchen island; or to illuminate a favourite corner of your living space. This piece is also perfect for adding warmth and personality to an entryway and works beautifully hung on either side of a bed. However you choose to use the Kariba Cone Pendant Light, it has been crafted to a high standard for you to enjoy in your home for many years to come.
If you prefer a neutral palette and lots of white, this stunning handcrafted piece will introduce a touch of raw luxury to any space, helping to layer textures and tones in a room. When combined with natural linens, warm timbers and other woven items, it contributes to a feeling of effortless style and a relaxed upscale resort vibe.
Inspired by the traditional Ba Tonga community and the contours of their surrounding landscapes, these pendants are handmade by a group of women artisans in Zimbabwe. Each piece is woven using the locally-available Ilala palm around a wire frame. The wire frames are handmade by a small-scale welder. To source these pieces, we have partnered with an ethical craft organisation that is supporting these craftswoman through training, development and finding international markets for their skills.
We ship Australia-wide and around the world.
Please note that the light bulb, electrical cord, lampholder and ceiling rose are not included with this piece - click on HANGING for more information.
Looking for a different shape in the same weave? Try our Tonga Pendant Light - Slatted or Loveness Drum Pendant Light.
Pair this pendant with our Thando Wall Sconces to create a cohesive style throughout your interior.
- - Approx 53cm diameter (at the base) x 65cm high / 25in wide (at the base) x 25.5in high.
- Please note that minor variations in the dimensions are inevitable due to the handmade nature and natural fibres of this pendant light.
- - Handwoven Ilala palm (unvarnished)
- Handcrafted strong wire frame
- To source these pieces, we have partnered with an ethical craft organisation that is supporting these craftswoman through training, development and finding international markets for their skills. They operate within and across many rural communities throughout Zimbabwe, and draw from a vast artisan resource built over two decades of working within these communities. The products are all handmade, and while the organisation maintains a high standard of production and quality control within the weaving groups, they equally celebrate the individual artisans and their craft.
- - Ilala palm is a natural fibre. As with all natural fibres, variations in colour and thickness may be apparent - we consider this to be part of the charm of handcrafted pieces and not a flaw.
- To clean, we suggest you vacuum or dust your pendant light regularly.
- - We recommend using a licensed electrician to install your pendant light.
- To hang your light, you will require the following: an electrical cable or cord; a ceiling hook; a piece of chain or rope; a lampholder for a 40mm hole; and a ceiling rose.
- There are many options available for these hanging pieces. For example, to hang this light in the bathroom in our studio, we used a simple brass cup hook in the ceiling and some of our thick hemp twine to carry the weight, for the electrical cable we chose a beautiful linen cable sourced from Creative Cables and we painted a white plastic lampholder and a ceiling rose with gold spray paint to match our brushed brass tapware.
- Or you may prefer something better suited to your interior style such as a black or white cable, silver ceiling rose, a thick piece of rope - whatever works for your decor.
- This pendant light weighs approximately 2-3kgs so be sure to use a suitable hook for this weight.