You’ll notice the Pre-order due date further down the page is January 2021. This is because the artisans have been impacted by major flooding and are currently rebuilding. If you are willing to pre-order and wait to receive your item, your purchase will greatly help them in this process.
Your laundry, linen and firewood never looked so good! The Large Jute Basket is a captivating way to keep things in easy reach.
This basket is handmade – from start to finish – by fair trade artisans in remote, rural communities of Bangladesh; two strong and sturdy handles show off their stunning skills.
Brimming with natural warmth, character and our trademark textural touch, The Dharma Door's woven baskets are the perfect way to settle both storage and style.
- Base 50cm x 36cm / 19.7in x 14.2in
Height 36cm / 14.2in, not including handles
The handles on this basket are flexible and can sit upright as per the image or be folded down
Flexible sides make this basket larger than its base measurement
- Jute plaits & hand weaving
Hand stitched with cotton thread
- - We always ship our baskets folded flat so they will need a little assistance to find their shape and to stand up properly. Jute is very pliable so where there are creases, fold them back onto themselves. You might need to do this a few times to the point where the creases almost disappear. We then recommend stuffing your baskets with a blanket or towels for a couple of days so they can find their shape.
- This robust basket has been designed to last however jute changes colour in the sun, so be sure to keep it clear of harsh rays.
- To clean, we suggest you vacuum your basket or occasionally take it outside on a dry day and shake it to dislodge dirt and dust particles.
- Blot water-based spills with kitchen paper or an absorbent cloth as soon as possible. Do not rub stains or spills from your basket as this may spread the stain and loosen the jute fibres. For oil-based or coloured spills, please consult a specialist cleaning professional.
- You may choose a protection treatment prior to using your basket. We recommend MicroSeal who offer a DIY protection and cleaning kit suitable for jute fibres.