These stunning storage baskets are a nod to the traditional rope-making skills of seafaring folk of days gone by - so we’ve affectionately called them the Seafarer.
Handmade – from start to finish – by fair trade artisans in a remote, rural community of Bangladesh, this piece also features chunky macrame handles. We love using it for throws and cushions in the lounge room; shoes in the entry; or to display favourite scarves and accessories.
Full of The Dharma Door trademark texture and character, this basket is the perfect way to settle both storage and style.
- 48cm diameter x 25cm high / 15.8in diameter x 9.8in high
- Twisted, woven & knotted jute
- - We always ship our baskets folded flat so they will need a little assistance to find their shape. Jute is very pliable so where there are creases, fold them back onto themselves. You might need to do this a few times to the point where the creases almost disappear. We then recommend stuffing your baskets with a blanket or towels for a couple of days so they can find their shape.
- This robust basket has been designed to last however jute changes colour in the sun, so be sure to keep it clear of harsh rays.
- If you're putting potted plants in this basket, remember to place a plastic tray underneath the plant pot to collect water.
- To clean, we suggest you vacuum your basket or occasionally take it outside on a dry day and shake it to dislodge dirt or dust particles.
- Blot water-based spills with kitchen paper or an absorbent cloth as soon as possible. Do not rub stains or spills from your basket as this may spread the stain and loosen the jute fibres. For oil-based or coloured spills, please consult a specialist cleaning professional.
- You may choose a protection treatment prior to using your basket. We recommend MicroSeal who offer a DIY protection and cleaning kit suitable for jute fibres.