The large Lari Basket is a simple yet versatile round storage basket designed to work in any room of the home. This piece is perfect for placing on it's own or in multiples on open shelving or inside cupboards to keep your items organised and easy-to-find.
At 30cms in diameter, this basket is ideal for children's toys; hair styling tools or towels in the bathroom; to hold toilet rolls and for keeping smaller wardrobe items in order. It is also strong enough for your favourite potted plant or for storing kindling by the fireplace. Wherever you choose to style it, the handwoven natural blonde jute will introduce texture and warmth to your space. Pair it with the matching smaller Lari Basket for a cohesive look in your interior.
Each woven basket is crafted by hand stitching row-upon-row of natural jute braids. The women who make our baskets in rural Bangladesh receive training, support and fair prices for their skills - authentic Fair Trade in action.
Looking for a matching smaller basket? Try the Lari Basket - Small. Or view our complete basket collection for a variety of baskets in different shapes and sizes that have the same weave and colour.
Seeking basket styling inspiration? Read How to use Woven Baskets for Storage & Style
- 30cm diameter x 25cm high / 11.8in diameter x 9.8in high
- Plaited, woven & stitched jute
- - We often ship our baskets folded flat so they will need a little assistance to find their shape and to stand up properly. Jute is very pliable so where there are creases, fold them back onto themselves. You might need to do this a few times to the point where the creases almost disappear. We then recommend stuffing your baskets with towels for a couple of days so they can find their shape.
- This robust basket has been designed to last however jute changes colour in the sun, so be sure to keep it clear of harsh rays.
- If you're putting a potted plant in this basket, remember to place a plastic tray underneath the plant pot to collect water.
- To clean, we suggest you vacuum your basket or occasionally take it outside on a dry day and shake or beat it to dislodge dirt particles.
- Blot water-based spills with kitchen paper or an absorbent cloth as soon as possible. Do not rub stains or spills from your basket as this may spread the stain and loosen the jute fibres. For oil-based or coloured spills, please consult a specialist cleaning professional.
- You may choose a protection treatment prior to using your basket. We recommend MicroSeal who offer a DIY protection and cleaning kit suitable for jute fibres.