This textural basket is ideal for market shopping, picnics and days at the beach. Crafted with hand-twisted and knotted jute, this piece also features strong and stylish macrame handles for carrying a heavy load.
Handmade – from start to finish – by fair trade artisans in a village community of Bangladesh. The women who craft this piece are paid fair wages through a partnership with a non-profit NGO who also provide them with a host of life-changing support, including educating their children.
- 35cm diameter x 25cm tall / 13.8in diameter x 9.8in tall
- Twisted, woven & knotted jute
- - We always ship our baskets folded flat so they will need a little assistance to find their shape. Jute is very pliable so where there are creases, fold them back onto themselves. You might need to do this a few times to the point where the creases almost disappear. We then recommend stuffing your baskets with a blanket or towels for a couple of days so they can find their shape.
- This robust basket has been designed to last however jute changes colour in the sun, so be sure to keep it clear of harsh rays.
- If you're putting potted plants in this basket, remember to place a plastic tray underneath the plant pot to collect water.
- To clean, we suggest you vacuum your basket or occasionally take it outside on a dry day and shake it to dislodge dirt or dust particles.
- Blot water-based spills with kitchen paper or an absorbent cloth as soon as possible. Do not rub stains or spills from your basket as this may spread the stain and loosen the jute fibres. For oil-based or coloured spills, please consult a specialist cleaning professional.
- You may choose a protection treatment prior to using your basket. We recommend MicroSeal who offer a DIY protection and cleaning kit suitable for jute fibres.