Our natural Palm Fibre Placemat Set x 8 are a beautiful way to introduce woven texture to your table. Timeless and functional, they will look great with our favourite tones of timber and chalky whites, paired with earthy ceramics and linens.
The basket that is included in this set serves as a practical vessel for storing your placemats in one place in between use. It's also ideal for holding or carrying napkins, cutlery and condiments when entertaining.
Handmade by fair trade artisans in a village community of Bangladesh, each piece is assembled by bundling kaisa grass; wrapping them in fine strips of date palm fibre and coiling and weaving them into shape. The women who make these pieces work from home and a genuine Fair Trade partnership ensures they are paid fairly for their time and skills, among many other benefits.
Complete your table setting with the matching Palm Fibre Coaster sets x 8 and Palm Fibre Table Runner.
- Placemats: 30cm / 11.8in diameter x 8 pieces
Basket: 31cm / 12.2in diameter x 14cm / 5.5in high
- Hand harvested and bundled kaisa grass (inside the palm fibre)
Hand stripped palm fibre is wrapped around the kaisa grass as they are coiled and woven into shape.
- - Our palm fibre baskets placemats may lighten slightly as the fibre ages.
- To clean, we suggest you shake or vacuum them to dislodge dirt or dust.
- They are robust and will withstand some condensation however for heavier water-based spills, blot with kitchen paper or an absorbent cloth as soon as possible and allow them to dry. Do not rub stains or spills from your placemats as this may spread the stain and loosen the jute fibres. Please note that oil-based or brightly coloured spills may not be easily removed - we recommend trying the above methods with a gentle eco-friendly cleaner.