JUTE PLACEMATS, COASTERS & TABLE RUNNERS | CARE INSTRUCTIONS
Timeless and functional, The Dharma Door jute tableware pieces are the perfect way to add natural texture to your dining setting. Style these pieces with natural linen, earthy ceramics and a sprig of foliage for a stylish table setting that will suit most decors and seasons.
Your placemats, coasters or table runner have been carefully crafted using natural jute fibres and a variety of macrame and weaving techniques. Because our jute tableware has been handmade – from start to finish – by talented Fair Trade artisans in small village communities in Bangladesh, they are one of a kind and reflect the individual weaving style of the artisan who made it. We believe that this is part of the special appeal of handwoven products. Your tableware has been carefully crafted using natural jute fibres and a variety of macrame and weaving techniques and we hope you will appreciate the individuality of your special piece.
HOW TO CARE FOR YOUR JUTE PLACEMATS, COASTERS & TABLE RUNNERS
You’ve invested in a quality piece and we want to help you to care for it well. With a little attention, you will be able to enjoy your jute tableware for many years to come. Here are a few simple tips to keep in mind:
- Our handmade placemats, coasters and table runners are robust and will withstand condensation however for heavier water-based spills, blot with kitchen paper or an absorbent cloth as soon as possible. Always allow them to dry fully - a few minutes using a hair dryer can help this process along.
- Do not rub stains or spills from your jute tableware as this may spread the stain and loosen the jute fibres. For red wine stains, dab with a white cloth dampened with soda to neutralise the spill and reduce the possibility of leaving a stain. After you’ve tackled the stain, let it dry. If this does not work, try a second time with a mild soap-dampened cloth.
- Food solids should be gently removed immediately however dirt may be left to dry and then be brushed or vacuumed away. For oil-based or coloured spills, please consult a specialist cleaning professional.
- Prolonged sunlight and water can alter the colour of jute fibres, so be sure not to leave your jute tableware outside or in a position where it will be exposed to direct sunlight or damp for extended periods.
- You may choose to add protection to your placemats, coasters or table runner prior to use. We recommend using a protection spray that is suitable for natural fibres and that filter UV light to limit yellowing of the jute over time. We recommend a product called Fiber ProTector® by MicroSeal as it is specifically formulated to suit natural fibres and will protect your wall hanging from dirt, spills and yellowing.
We offer a 10% discount code for all published product reviews. Remember to leave a review on the product page sharing what you love about your Jute Tableware.
Be sure to tag us on instagram @thedharmadoor to share your style!