TASSEL WALL HANGING | CARE INSTRUCTIONS
TASSEL WALL HANGING | CARE & HANGING INSTRUCTIONS
Introduce warmth and texture to your walls with The Dharma Door statement-making Tassel Wall Hanging. Handcrafted from natural blonde jute, this wall hanging will introduce a layer of softness and depth to your home decor. A favourite for texture lovers, the Jumbo Tassel Wall Hanging is perfect for filling a large wall, with the added benefit of absorbing sound and improving the acoustics in areas of your home like a stairwell, hallway or entry. The smaller Tassel Wall Hanging is ideal for adding personality to smaller living spaces, children's rooms or nurseries and on narrow walls. If you prefer a neutral palette, this natural jute wall hanging is a wonderful alternative to traditional artwork and can work well as a key feature in any room.
Artisanal objects have long been appreciated for their uniqueness. Because our wall hangings have been completely handcrafted by talented Fair Trade artisans in small village communities in Bangladesh, they are one of a kind and reflect the individual weaving style of the artisan who made it. We believe that this is part of the special appeal of handwoven products. Your Tassel Wall Hanging has been carefully crafted using natural jute fibres and row upon row of blonde jute tassels attached to an intricate macrame base piece and we hope you will appreciate the individuality of your special piece.
HOW TO CARE FOR YOUR TASSEL WALL HANGING
You’ve invested in a quality piece and we want to help you to care for it well. With a little attention, you will be able to enjoy your Tassel Wall Hanging for many years to come. Here are a few simple tips to keep in mind:
- When you receive your jute Tassel Wall Hanging it will be folded in a satchel. When you unfold it, you may notice that it has fold marks and some of the tassels are fluffy or bent. To help them sit flat, simply use your fingers to bend and brush the tassels. You may need to do this several times.
- Prolonged sunlight and water can alter the colour of jute fibres, so be sure to hang your wall hanging in a position where it will not be exposed to direct sunlight or damp for extended periods.
- You may choose to add protection to your wall hanging prior to use. We recommend using a protection spray that is suitable for natural fibres and that filter UV light to limit yellowing of the jute over time. We recommend a product called Fiber ProTector® by MicroSeal as it is specifically formulated to suit natural fibres and will protect your wall hanging from dirt, spills and yellowing.
- To clean your wall hanging, we suggest an occasional gentle vacuum to keep it fresh and free of dust, or take it outside on a dry day and lightly shake it to remove dust particles.
- To ensure your Tassel Wall Hanging retains its shape, we advise you to follow our detailed hanging instructions below.
HOW TO HANG YOUR TASSEL WALL HANGING
There are several macrame hanging tabs all across the top of your Tassel Wall Hanging that are designed to hold a hanging rod. You will need two hooks - one for each end of the rod.
The hooks will show for this wall hanging so there are several options, depending on your decor and preferred style:
For a discreet look, use simple long screws and rest the rod on top. This is not as secure as using hooks, so only do this if the wall hanging is in a position where it won’t be brushed or leant against or pulled on by children or pets. Go one step further and paint the screws the same colour as your walls so they are not obviously visible. Cup Hooks are still discreet but much more secure. You can position the hanging tabs of our tassel wall hangings over the cup hooks so they almost can't be seen. We prefer brass cup hooks and sand them to further reduce the brassy shine. Remember to check that the diameter of your hanging rod fits into the cup hook. Go bold with some hand forged black hooks. Or natural and organic with timber hooks.If you are renting or unsure about the location of your wall hanging, use self-adhesive Command Hooks™️ that suit the weight of your wall hanging.
ROD TYPE for Tassel Wall Hangings
We recommend 20-25mm (1”) diameter, cut to 110cm long (43½”) for the Jumbo Tassel Wall Hanging and 15-18mm (¾”) diameter, cut to 50cm (20”) long the Tassel Wall Hanging.
- Simple timber dowels are readily available from hardware stores. Some stores will cut the dowel to size for you. Pro tip: Paint it the same colour as your wall if you don’t want the rod to stand out.
- Copper pipe, brass or stainless steel tubing to introduce sleek metallics and for a more contemporary look.
- A short curtain rod in rubbed bronze or black works especially well in modern and farmhouse-style interiors.
- Go natural with a foraged branch or a bamboo pole. Pro tip: Keep in mind that knots in natural wood are often a little bigger so check carefully that the hanging loops will fit over them.
- Measure where you want the wall hanging to hang and mark on the wall with a pencil according to the position of the hanging loops.
- a) If drilling into a plasterboard/drywall, brick, stucco or stone wall, use a drill bit that is the same size as the anchors/wall plugs. Drill your hole/s and hammer the anchors/wall plugs into the hole/s. b) If drilling into timber, use a drill bit that is the same size as the screws or cup hooks.
- Screw your chosen hook into the anchors/wall plugs or holes.
- Hang your wall hanging and enjoy the transformation to your space!
We offer a 10% discount code for all published product reviews. Remember to leave a review on the product page sharing what you love about your Tassel Wall Hanging. Be sure to tag us on instagram @thedharmadoor to share your style!