This beautiful storage basket is a nod to the traditional rope-making skills of seafaring folk of days gone by - so we’ve affectionately called it the Seafarer. Use this piece for storing throws and cushions in the lounge room, shoes in the entryway, or to corral children's toys and books.
A more relaxed, slouchy style of basket with chunky rope-like macrame handles, this piece always looks it's best when it's full. The textural weave and natural jute will add warmth and character to any room and is neutral enough to work in most interiors. The Seafarer is the perfect way to settle both practical storage and style in one basket.
Designed by The Dharma Door and handmade by talented women artisans in a rural community of Bangladesh. A genuine Fair Trade partnership ensures the women who make these hangings are paid fairly, provided with consistent work and safe working conditions, among a host of other benefits that are in keeping with the Ten Principles of Fair Trade.
- 35cm diameter x 25cm tall / 13.8in diameter x 9.8in tall
- Twisted, woven & knotted jute
- - We always ship our baskets folded flat so they will need a little assistance to find their shape. Jute is very pliable so where there are creases, fold them back onto themselves. You might need to do this a few times to the point where the creases almost disappear. We then recommend stuffing your baskets with a blanket or towels for a couple of days so they can find their shape.
- This robust basket has been designed to last however jute changes colour in the sun, so be sure to keep it clear of harsh rays.
- If you're putting potted plants in this basket, remember to place a plastic tray underneath the plant pot to collect water.
- To clean, we suggest you vacuum your basket or occasionally take it outside on a dry day and shake it to dislodge dirt or dust particles.
- Blot water-based spills with kitchen paper or an absorbent cloth as soon as possible. Do not rub stains or spills from your basket as this may spread the stain and loosen the jute fibres. For oil-based or coloured spills, please consult a specialist cleaning professional.
- You may choose a protection treatment prior to using your basket. We recommend MicroSeal who offer a DIY protection and cleaning kit suitable for jute fibres.