Timeless and functional, our Jute Placemat Set x 8 adds a touch of natural beauty to any table. We love to style these placemats with natural linen, earthy ceramics and some natural foliage for a stylish table setting that will suit most decors and seasons.
Each set is supplied in practical basket to keep your placemats tidy on the table between meals or use the basket to hold cutlery and napkins when entertaining. Pair them with a set of our jute coasters to complete a natural, textural table setting.
Handmade by fair trade artisans in remote, rural communities of Bangladesh, each placemat is crafted by plaiting long threads of jute; coiling them into shape; then stitching each row together using needle and thread.
- Placemats: 30cm / 11.8in diameter x 8
31cm diameter natural jute basket
- Plaited natural jute
- - Our placemats have been crafted to last however jute changes colour in the sun, so be sure to keep them clear of harsh rays.
- To clean, we suggest you shake them to dislodge dirt or dust.
- They are robust and will withstand condensation however for heavier water-based spills, blot with kitchen paper or an absorbent cloth as soon as possible and allow them to dry. Do not rub stains or spills from your placemats as this may spread the stain and loosen the jute fibres. For oil-based or coloured spills, please consult a specialist cleaning professional.
- You may choose a protection treatment prior to using your placemats. We recommend MicroSeal who offer a DIY protection and cleaning kit suitable for jute fibres.