Both timeless and functional, our Jute Placemat Set (x 8) adds a touch of natural beauty to any table.
Handmade – from start to finish – by fair trade artisans in remote, rural communities of Bangladesh, each one is assembled by plaiting long threads of jute; coiling them into shape; then stitching the layers together using needle and thread.
They also sit pretty on your sideboard, and pair perfectly with our Round Jute Coasters and flower garlands for decoration. Let's eat!
- Placemats: 30cm / 11.8in round x 8
- Hand woven & plaited jute
Completely hand stitched
- - Our placemats have been crafted to last however jute changes colour in the sun, so be sure to keep them clear of harsh rays.
- To clean, we suggest you shake them to dislodge dirt or dust.
- They are robust and will withstand condensation however for heavier water-based spills, blot with kitchen paper or an absorbent cloth as soon as possible and allow them to dry. Do not rub stains or spills from your placemats as this may spread the stain and loosen the jute fibres. For oil-based or coloured spills, please consult a specialist cleaning professional.
- You may choose a protection treatment prior to using your placemats. We recommend MicroSeal who offer a DIY protection and cleaning kit suitable for jute fibres.