Handwoven in a warm earthy palette of natural, brown and black jute, the bold graphic design of the Macha Floor Runner is sure to make a statement in your home.
Position this textural jute floor runner in a hallway or entryway to elongate the space and draw the eye. It will also work well for adding a touch of cushioning underfoot in busy areas of the home like the kitchen or laundry.
Designed to stand the test of time, this timeless jute floor runner has been handwoven by fair trade artisans in a rural village community of Bangladesh. The women begin by dyeing the coloured jute and then weave on wooden looms row by row, before stitching the egdes with natural jute using a needle and thread.
A genuine Fair Trade partnership ensures the women who weave our Macha Floor Runners are paid fairly, provided with consistent work and safe working conditions, among a host of other benefits that are in keeping with the Ten Principles of Fair Trade.
For tips on how to clean and maintain our jute rugs, read our journal post 'How To Clean and Maintain Jute Rugs'.
And for inspiration on how to use jute mats and runners, take a look at 'Entryway Style Tips to Create a Warm Welcome'
- 300 x 80cm / 9ft 10in x 2ft 8in approx. 5mm thick.
- - The coloured jute is dyed by hand.
- Handwoven on wooden looms.
- The edges are hand stitched with natural jute.
- - Our rugs are crafted entirely by hand with natural jute and special care is required to maintain their beautiful appearance.
- We suggest regular vacuuming of both sides of your rug to keep it fresh and free of dirt build-up. Occasionally take your rug outside on a dry day and shake or beat it to dislodge deeper dirt particles that your vacuum may not extract.
- Avoid prolonged direct sunlight or heat as this will discolour the jute fibres.
- Blot water-based spills with kitchen paper or an absorbent cloth as soon as possible. Do not rub stains or spills from your rug as this may spread the stain and loosen the jute fibres. For oil-based or coloured spills, please consult a specialist rug cleaning professional.
- For safety purposes, we recommend that you use non-slip rubber or felt matting underneath this rug.
- You may choose a rug protection treatment prior to installing the rug in your space to prolong the life of your rug and minimise discolouration. We recommend MicroSeal, who are experienced in treating jute rugs and offer a DIY kit or a professional treatment service.